Updated August 18, 2020
*indicates new this update
*The Barre Town Clerk-Treasurer's office encourages payments be made by direct deposit, check or money orders in an effort to further protect taxpayers and staff. For information on all options, see Make a Payment.
Access to Town Offices
All municipal buildings are closed to the public as of Thursday March 26. All Barre Town departments are working regular hours. If you need services from the Town Clerk’s Office, Planning and Zoning Office, Town Engineer’s Office, Assessor’s Office, Police Department administrative office, or Town Manager’s Office:
- Contact us by email. If you don't have a specific person's email address, send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call (802) 479-9331 to be directed to the right office or click here for departmental phone numbers.
- The drop box at the front of the Municipal Building can be used to for payments or applications.
- Postal mail can be sent to P.O. Box 116, Websterville, VT 05678.
- When needed, staff will meet you at the front door and provide service in the entryway.
Access to Public Meetings
All public meetings are accessible to members of the public by teleconference. Phone-in information will be posted with each meeting agenda. A limited number of in-person visitors may be accommodated by appointment only by contacting the staff liaison for the Board, Commission or Committee meeting you wish to attend, or calling 802-479-9331.
- Property taxes: Property tax bills were mailed August 15. The first installment will be due September 15. The remaining three installments will be due on the usual dates: Nov 15, Feb 15, and May 15.
- Lawn waste site open 8a-12p on Saturdays ONLY. Please anticipate a wait and use the upper entrance to enter the site. Stay in your vehicle until it's your turn, wear a face covering while outside your vehicle, and keep at least 6 feet between you and other people at the site. Click here for information on the lawn waste site.
- Notary: No notary public services will be available through the town during the Governor's Stay Home/Stay Safe order.
Following the ACCD guidelines for Outdoor Recreation :
- "Arrive, Play, Leave" - no congregating before or after activities.
- No restrooms are available at any town recreation facility. Limited port-o-lets are available.
- Carry a face covering and wear it when you pass someone.
- Carry hand sanitizer, a bandanna or gloves for if and when you must touch a shared surface, like a water fountain or the dog park gate.
- Bring your own water. At the Rec Area, the water spigots and the water fountain are NOT being disinfected. Avoid touching them with bare hands unless you have hand sanitizer with you.
- If you are sick or live with someone who is sick, do not use playground structures.
- No contact games like basketball games. Shooting hoops is ok.
- Pickleball: 3 nets available, up to 10 players allowed inside the fence at a time. Additional people may wait outside the fence.
- Tennis: 1 net available, up to 4 players allowed inside the fence at a time. Additional people may wait outside the fence.
- Picnic shelter at the Rec Area: The town manager's office will consider new reservation requests for groups of 25 or less AND if the date is not within three days of an approved reservation. See picnic shelter reservations on the Recreation Calendar here.
- Recreation facilities users who have been or live outside of Vermont must abide by Vermont's quarantine rules available here (under 'Lesiure Travel") .