Updated Fri May 8, 2020
*indicates new this update
Effective Apr 23-May 20, 2020, the Barre Town Clerk-Treasurer's office will not accept cash payments in an effort to further protect taxpayers and staff. For information on options, see Make a Payment.
Access to Town Offices
All municipal buildings are closed to the public as of Thursday March 26. All Barre Town departments are working regular hours. If you need services from the Town Clerk’s Office, Planning and Zoning Office, Town Engineer’s Office, Assessor’s Office, Police Department administrative office, or Town Manager’s Office:
- Contact us by email. If you don't have a specific person's email address, send your inquiry to email@example.com.
- Call 802-479-9331 to be directed to the right office or click here for departmental phone numbers.
- The drop box at the front of the Municipal Building can be used to for payments or applications.
- Postal mail can be sent to PO Box 116, Websterville, VT 05678.
- When needed, staff will meet you at the front door and provide service in the entryway.
Access to Public Meetings
All public meetings are accessible to members of the public by teleconference only. Phone-in information will be posted with each meeting agenda.
- Dog licensing: The Town Clerk's Office has has extended the deadline further to license your dog without penalty to Mon Jun 1, 2020. Call 802-479-9391 for details.
- Homestead Declaration (HS-122): The State of Vermont has changed the due date for this filing from April 15 to Jul 15, 2020. If you have questions about the Homestead Declaration, contact the Barre Town Assessors Office at 802-479-2595. If you have questions about any other tax deadline extensions, visit tax.vermont.gov/coronavirus.
- Lawn waste site open 8a-12p on Saturdays ONLY at least until June. Please anticipate a wait and use the upper entrance to enter the site. Stay in your vehicle until it's your turn, wear a face covering while outside your vehicle, and keep at least 6 feet between you and other people at the site. Click here for information on the lawn waste site.
- Notary: No notary public services will be available through the town during the Governor's Stay Home/Stay Safe order.
Following the Governor's Play Smart and Play Safe Executive Order of Wed May 8:
- "Arrive, Play, Leave" - no congregating before or after activities.
- No restrooms or port-o-lets will be available at any town recreation facility.
- No groups larger than 10 allowed.
- Carry a face covering and wear it when you pass someone.
- Carry hand sanitizer, a bandanna or gloves for if and when you must touch a shared surface, like a water fountain or the dog park gate.
- Bring your own water. At the Rec Area, the water spigots and the water fountain are NOT being disinfected. Avoid touching them with bare hands unless you have hand sanitizer with you.
- Do not use the playground structures - they are high contact surfaces and are not being disinfected.
- No contact games like basketball games. Shooting hoops is ok.
- Pickleball: 2 nets available, up to 8 players allowed inside the fence at a time. Additional people may wait outside the fence.
- Tennis: 1 net available, up to 4 players allowed inside the fence at a time. Additional people may wait outside the fence.
- Picnic tables will not be available at any facility.
- Recreation facilities may not be used by anyone who has been out of state within the last 14 days.
- Green Up Day originally scheduled for Sat May 2 has been rescheduled statewide for Sat May 30.
- Annual Election of Officer and Voting by Australian Ballot originally scheduled for Tue May 12 has been rescheduled for Tue Jun 2. The ballot will include articles usually voted on at Barre Town Open Meeting.
- Spring into Summer Festival (organized by Barre Town Rec Board) originally scheduled for Sun Jun 2 has been canceled.
- Bulk Trash Collection (organized by Barre Town) originally scheduled for Sat May 9. This has been tentatively rescheduled for Sat Jun 13.
- Father's Day Chicken BBQ (organized by Barre Town Fire Department) originally scheduled for Sun Jun 21 has been canceled.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection (organized by Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District) originally scheduled for Sat Apr. 25. This has been rescheduled for Sat Aug 1.