Changes to Town of Barre operations, services, and events
due to the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19
Updated Wed Mar 25, 2020
Access to Town Offices
All municipal buildings will be closed to the public starting Thursday March 26. All Barre Town departments are working regular hours. If you need services from the Town Clerk’s Office, Planning and Zoning Office, Town Engineer’s Office, Assessor’s Office, Police Department administrative office, or Town Manager’s Office:
- Contact us by email. If you don't have a specific person's email address, send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 802-479-9331 to be directed to the right office or click here for departmental phone numbers.
- The drop box at the front of the Municipal Building can be used to for payments or applications.
- When needed, staff will meet you at the front door and provide service in the entryway.
- Postal mail can be sent to PO Box 116, Websterville VT 05678.
Access to Public MeetingsAll public meetings, by Open Meeting Law, will continue to be accessible to members of the public that wishes to attend in person. A staff person will be at the building to receive you. However, we strongly encourage the public to attend meetings virtually instead. Options will be posted with each meeting agenda.
- Dog licensing: The Town Clerk's Office has has extended the deadline to license your dog without penalty to May 2, 2020. Call 802-479-9391 for details.
- Homestead Declaration (HS-122): The State of Vermont has changed the due date for this filing from April 15 to July 15, 2020. If you have questions about the Homestead Declaration, contact the Barre Town Assessors Office at 802-479-2595. If you have questions about any other tax deadline extensions, visit tax.vermont.gov/coronavirus.
- Egg Hunt (organized by Barre City Recreation and Barre Town Recreation) originally scheduled for Sat Apr 11.This may be rescheduled.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection (organized by Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District) originally scheduled for Sat Apr 25. This may be rescheduled.
- Bulk Trash Collection (organized by Barre Town) originally scheduled for Sat May 9. This may be rescheduled.
- Rabies Clinic (organized by Barre Town Fire Department) originally scheduled for Sat Mar 21. This may be rescheduled.