Updated November 23, 2020
* indicates new information the week of this update
- Vermont Department of Health latest guidelines, frequently asked questions, and statistics: https://www.healthvermont.gov/coronavirus
- Safety precautions from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC): http://cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Governor's Executive Order and Addendums related to COVID-19: https://governor.vermont.gov/document-types/executive-orders
- Need help, or want to Volunteer?: Individuals in Barre Town and Barre City have come together as Barre Mutual Aid to match volunteers with people unable to grocery shop, need help with medication pick-up, tutoring, or need other essential assistance. This effort is not organized by the town or the city. To request help from Barre Mutual Aid, visit the website barremutualaid.recovers.org . If you do not have internet, call 802-505-9110. (WNOC-RRCC is scaling down operations after Fri May 15.)
- *Utility bills: Vermonters suffering economic hardship due to loss of income from COVID-19 can get help now to pay their past due utility accounts for their home or business through the Vermont COVID-19 Arrearage Assistance Program (VCAAP). This applies to electric, landline telephone, town water and sewer, and Graniteville Fire District water accounts. For more information, visit publicservice.vermont.gov, or call Capstone Community Action at 479-1053.
- Mortgage payment help: The Mortgage Assistance Program, a Vermont COVID housing relief program launched on July 13 by the Vermont Housing Finance Agency (VHFA), provides $5 million to help low-income homeowners who have fallen behind on their mortgage and are facing economic hardship brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will provide up to three monthly mortgage payments directly to the servicer of the mortgage with a goal of preventing future foreclosure. The program is available to any homeowner who meets the eligibility criteria, not just to VHFA borrowers. Information and application materials are available on VHFA’s website at www.vhfa.org/map. A Mortgage Assistance Program information hotline is open 9 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday, at 1-800-889-2047. VHFA will accept applications until August 31, 2020. Click here for the flyer.
- Unemployment: Out of work due to COVID-19? The federal and state governments have expanded unemployment benefits. You can apply for benefits online now to ensure that you receive information when it is available.
- Click here to file for unemployment benefits: https://vermont.force.com/DOLClaim/s/
- Click here for more information from the Vermont Department of Labor specific to COVID-19: https://labor.vermont.gov/covid19
- Sexual and Domestic violence: Member organizations of the Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence continue to provide a range of services to those who need it. The local member is Circle Vermont: https://www.circlevt.org
- Click here for the Department of Children and Families COVID-19 resource page: https://dcf.vermont.gov/COVID-19
- Child Abuse: If you suspect child abuse, contact local police. In an emergency, dial 911. The Barre Town Police Department's non-emergency line is 802-479-0509.
- Pet food resource: The Central Vermont Humane Society - https://centralvermonthumane.org/; (802) 476-3811; The shelter provides pet food to local human food banks in Barre. If you cannot get to a food bank, call the shelter for availability.
- Low interest loans with deferred payments now available: Click here for information on the Barre Area Development website
- For sector-specific guidance updated on a regular basis, click here: https://accd.vermont.gov/news/update-new-work-safe-additions-stay-home-stay-safe-order
- Resources for indepedendent contrators, those who are self-employed, small businesses, and more can be found on the Barre Area Development website, www.badc.com . To view their Business Assistance update from April 6, click here .
- Resources for businesses can be found at the Central Vermont Economic Development Corporation website here: https://cvedc.org/covid-19-resources/