Updated May 14, 2020
* indicates new information the week of this update
- Vermont Department of Health latest guidelines, frequently asked questions, and statistics: https://www.healthvermont.gov/coronavirus
- Safety precautions from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC): http://cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Governor's Executive Order and Addendums related to COVID-19: https://governor.vermont.gov/document-types/executive-orders
- Need help, or want to Volunteer?: Individuals in Barre Town and Barre City have come together as Barre Mutual Aid to match volunteers with people unable to grocery shop, need help with medication pick-up, tutoring, or need other essential assistance. This effort is not organized by the town or the city. To request help from Barre Mutual Aid, visit the website barremutualaid.recovers.org . If you do not have internet, call 802-505-9110. (WNOC-RRCC is scaling down operations after Fri May 15.)
- Unemployment: Out of work due to COVID-19? The federal and state governments have expanded unemployment benefits. You can apply for benefits online now to ensure that you receive information when it is available.
- Click here to file for unemployment benefits: https://vermont.force.com/DOLClaim/s/
- Click here for more information from the Vermont Department of Labor specific to COVID-19: https://labor.vermont.gov/covid19
- Sexual and Domestic violence: Member organizations of the Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence continue to provide a range of services to those who need it. The local member is Circle Vermont: https://www.circlevt.org
- Stimulus Check: Be wary of scams! The IRS will not contact your directly for your bank information. For more information on the $1,200 economic impact payment coming to most adults, click here: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
- Click here for the Department of Children and Families COVID-19 resource page: https://dcf.vermont.gov/COVID-19
- Child Abuse: If you suspect child abuse, contact local police. In an emergency, dial 911. The Barre Town Police Department's non-emergency line is 802-479-0509.
- *Pet food resource: The Central Vermont Humane Society - https://centralvermonthumane.org/; (802) 476-3811; The shelter provides pet food to local human food banks in Barre. If you cannot get to a food bank, call the shelter for availability.
- Governor Scott eased Stay Home/Stay Safe restrictions again effective May 4. Click here to see Addendum #12 (to Executive Order 01-20). For sector-specific guidance, click here: https://accd.vermont.gov/news/update-new-work-safe-additions-stay-home-stay-safe-order
- Resources for indepedendent contrators, those who are self-employed, small businesses, and more can be found on the Barre Area Development website, www.badc.com . To view their Business Assistance update from April 6, click here .