Public Safety

COVID-19 Resources

Updated May 26, 2020
* indicates new information the week of this update

General Information

Mutual Aid
  • Need help, or want to Volunteer?: Individuals in Barre Town and Barre City have come together as Barre Mutual Aid to match volunteers with people unable to grocery shop, need help with medication pick-up, tutoring, or need other essential assistance. This effort is not organized by the town or the city. To request help from Barre Mutual Aid, visit the website leavingsiteicon. If you do not have internet, call 802-505-9110. (WNOC-RRCC is scaling down operations after Fri May 15.)
For Individuals
  • Unemployment: Out of work due to COVID-19? The federal and state governments have expanded unemployment benefits. You can apply for benefits online now to ensure that you receive information when it is available.
  • Sexual and Domestic violence: Member organizations of the Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence continue to provide a range of services to those who need it. The local member is Circle Vermont: leavingsiteicon
  • Stimulus Check: Be wary of scams! The IRS will not contact your directly for your bank information. For more information on the $1,200 economic impact payment coming to most adults, click here:  leavingsiteicon 
For Children and Families
  • Click here for the Department of Children and Families COVID-19 resource page: leavingsiteicon
  • Child Abuse: If you suspect child abuse, contact local police. In an emergency, dial 911. The Barre Town Police Department's non-emergency line is 802-479-0509.
  • Pet food resource: The Central Vermont Humane Society -; (802) 476-3811; The shelter provides pet food to local human food banks in Barre. If you cannot get to a food bank, call the shelter for availability.
For Businesses