2018 HOLIDAY HOURS - The Town Clerk-Treasurer's Office will be closed as follows
Monday and Tuesday, December 31, 2018 and January 1, 2019 (New Years).
The Town Clerk-Treasurer is elected for a period of three years. He/She will keep an account of moneys, bonds, notes and evidences of debt paid or delivered and of moneys paid out for the Town and is keeper of the Town Records which include land records, vital records, meeting minutes and more. In addition he/she shall:
- Record the amount voted for support of highways, special departments and general town purposes;
- Collect taxes, assessments, charges and levies, including delinquencies in the hands of the tax collector and maintain a record of monies collected and uncollected;
- Receive fees for filing copies of records and other instruments;
- Pay the bills of the Town as authorized;
- Provide detailed financial statements and reports as required by the Selectboard;
- Maintain a record of all action taken at special or annual town meetings;
- Maintain all town records and an index to those records
- Maintain and file all reports required by law
- Perform any other duties required by law, the Town Charter or Town Ordinances.