The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- To view the results of the January 31, 2017 Barre Town School Act 46 revote click here. The next election will be the Annual Barre Town Middle & Elementary School meeting and the Spaulding Union High School meeting. The Australian ballot election will be held on Tuesday, March 7, 2017. Click here to view the sample ballot. Polling hours are 7:00 am - 7:00 p.m. at the Barre Town School gym. To request early ballots contact the Town Clerk's Office at 479-9391.
Freezing Fun for Families (FFF) Winter Co-Ed Softball Tournament is Feb 24-26 at the Barre Town Rec Area. Click here for the flyer and more details.
Recreation Board vacancy: The Barre Town Rec Board helps keep our community active and connected year-round. They meet the first Monday of the month at 6:30pm. For more information about Board responsibilities, click here. For a flavor of the events they have helped make happen this winter alone, click here. If you are interested in serving, please submit your name by Fri this Feb 24th (extended from the 10th) to the town manager's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 479-9331.
- Next Guided Snowshoe Tours in the Town Forest on Sat Feb 25th, 6:00pm-7:30pm. Bring your own snowshoes and flashlight/headlamp, and be sure to dress for the weather. No pets please. Hosted by a volunteer.
- You're invited to the Ctizen Budget Tour this Sat Feb 25 (changed from Feb 18). Meet at 7:30am at the Municipal Offices for a light breakfast. This half-day tour visits with department heads at the major town facilities, and shows you recently completed or proposed projects around the community that are paid for by your taxpayer dollars. Bus transportation is provided. Questions? Contact the Town Manager's Office at 479-9331.
- If you don’t have a house number prominently showing at your driveway, and if you were to need emergency services at your house, emergency personnel might not find you as quickly as they would with a house number on your mailbox post. The Town makes it easy by selling house number signs for just $10. To order yours, contact Tina at 479-9331, or click here to access the form with instructions.
- File your Homestead Declaration Form early! Every Vermont homeowner must file the Homestead Declaration Form (HS-122), regardless of whether you need to file a state income tax return. If you don't, you'll pay higher taxes than you need to! This year the deadline is April 18 for the home you occupy as of April 1, 2017. BUT it is in your interest to file early, so that your property tax bills for the fiscal year starting July 1 are correct. For the same reason, file the HS-122 early even if you inted to ask for an extension on filing your income tax return. To file by mail, click her to download and fill out the pdf at this link. To file electronically, you must first visit the state's new online tax submission portal at myvtax.vermont.gov to create an account. A letter with your access code and further instructions will be mailed to your address.
- From the newsletter: Backyard Composting Workshop on Wed, Apr 5, 6pm-8pm here for more info about the workshop. If you think you will purchase one (or more!) ready-made backyard composting bins during the workshop, please contact Cassandra Hemmenway at CVSWMD: 802-229-9383 x102, or email@example.com. Registration for the workshop is not required.