The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- The award winning Barre Town Weed Warriors are holding their first Pull Party of the season on Friday, May 20 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Weed Warriors are a group of people who enjoy the town forest and volunteer their time and efforts to control invasive plants in and near the town forest. This spring they won VT Urban and Community Forestry Program's Tree Steward Volunteer Group of the Year Award. If you would like to join the Weed Warriors on May 20 meet them at the Littlejohn Quarry along Littlejohn Road. Bring your water, gloves, and if you have them shovel and loppers. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Lawn waste site is open. Hours are Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays 10a-2p and Saturdays 8a-12p.
- COVID-19 vaccinations: Booster shots and first shots are available. Click here for more information.
- Homeowners: Late on Your Bills Due to the Pandemic? Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for more information.
- Public input on recovery spending sought: Barre Town is receiving $2.3 million in federal funds to help our community recover from the impact the pandemic has had, and invest in the future. The Selectboard welcomes public input on how to best spend these funds. Click here for more information and for ways to provide input.
- Seeking CVFiber Board rep and alternate: CVFiber is a Communications Union District municipal organization made up of twenty one Central Vermont communities. Their goal is to get fast, dependable, and affordable Internet to every Vermonter within its member towns. If you are interested in representing Barre Town on the CVFiber Board as the primary or alternate, please call the town manager's office at 479-9331 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . More information about CVFiber activities and Board member responsibilities can be fount at https://cvfiber.net .
- Tennis anyone? Register now for tennis lessons for beginner and intermediate players aged 8 years and up. Take lessons for one or two weeks, July 19-22 and July 26-29. Limit of 8 students per session. To register, call 802-479-9331. Note your registration is not complete until the town has received the participation waiver and payment. Send payment to Barre Town, PO Box 116, Websterville VT 05678.
-Click here for the flyer
-Click here for the participation waiver
- Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391.
- Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
- Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.