Barre Town Fire Warden

 Chris Day 
 Fire Warden 
(Please leave a message and the Warden will call you back as soon as possible)

Barre Town citizens may apply for a burn permit by contacting the Fire Warden. It is illegal to build a fire for the purpose of burning weeds, grass or other natural material within 200 feet of woodland, fields or other flammable material without a burn permit unless there is snow on the site.
It is always illegal to burn trash. Trash should be disposed of properly using a legal trash hauler or taken to the Wilson Depot. Burning household or business trash creates harmful smoke, if you think your neighbors are burning trash illegally please call the Barre Town Police Department at 802-479-0508. There is a penalty of $500 for illegal or improper burning.