3-Acre Stormwater Information

Dog Licenses

MARCI3 - Copy - Copy

By Vermont law, all dogs six months of age or older must be licensed annually by April 1st through the Town Clerk's Office in the town that the animal resides. 

If you own or keep a dog or wolf-hybrid that is six months or older on or before April 1st of each year you must license the pet. If you become an owner or keeper of a dog or wolf-hybrid that is six months old after April 1st you have 30 days to license the animal. Any pet that is not licensed by April 1st each calendar is subject to a late charge by State law.  Should your pet remain unlicensed after June 1st the owner is also subject to additional local penalties and possible police fines.

What do I do if I no longer own my dog? To keep our files current, the Town Clerk's Office would appreciate you contacting us by phone  at 802-479-9391 or by emailing cwhalen@barretown.org to let us know you are no longer a pet owner.

In order to license your dog you must present a copy of a valid rabies certificate (unless one is already on file) to the Town Clerk’s Office.  The clerk is required to keep a copy of the certificate on file. 


Cost of License



 Open Male/Female


After April 1st





 Open Male/Female



Leash Law

There is a leash law in Barre Town.
For more detailed information contact the Animal Control Officer at the Barre Town Police Department,

Town of Barre Community Dog Park
The Town of Barre Community Dog Park is located within the Town of Barre Recreation Facility, adjacent to Barre Town School at 46 Websterville Road.  The Dog Park was established September 2017 by a small group of volunteers dedicated to creating a safe and secure fenced-in off-leash dog park. To learn more visit the Town of Barre Community Dog Park Facebook Page