3-Acre Stormwater Information

Vital Record Keeping

Certified copies of birth, marriage, and death certificates are available at the Town Clerk's Office for $10.00 per certified copy. 

Birth and Death Certificates

Effective July 1, 2019, changes were made to the rules for obtaining (PDF) birth and death certificates. More details can be found online at the Vermont Department of Health website.

 To obtain a copy a birth or death certificate an Application for Certified Copy of Vermont Birth or Death Certificate must be completed and given to the Town Clerk who will then issue the requested certificate. Please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 802-479-9391 if you have any questions. 

Marriage Licenses

Effective July 1, 2022, if you are getting married in Vermont, you may obtain a marriage license from any Vermont town/city clerk; there’s no longer a requirement for Vermont residents to go to the clerk’s office in the town where they reside.

 You will need to complete a Marriage License Application and bring to the Town Clerk's Office. We ask that the Marriage License Application is prepared ahead of time if possible.  The cost of the license is $80.00 and an additional $10.00  if you would like a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate after the marriage has been completed. Additional copies are $10.00 each. 

Getting Married in Vermont Questions and Answers

Wedding ceremonies can be performed by a supreme court justice, a superior court judge, a district judge, a judge of probate, an assistant judge, a justice of the peace or an ordained or licensed member of the clergy residing in Vermont.  Vermont law does not require witnesses. If you would like someone who does not fit into one of these categories the Vermont Secretary of State's Office does issue a temporary officiant license.

Temporary Officiant: Any person who is over the age of 18 may register with the Secretary of State to become a temporary officiant.  A person who has filled out the registration form and who has paid the registration fee will receive a certificate authorizing the person to solemnize a specific Vermont marriage. The individual’s authority to solemnize that marriage will expire at the same time as the corresponding license. For information on registering to be a temporary officiant visit the Vermont Secretary of State website