The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- Click here to view the May 9, 2017 Barre Town Australian ballot voting and the SUHS budget vote..
- Thanks to a new volunteer, the Barre Town Lawn Waste Site is now open Mondays 3 to 6pm starting today, May 25. The other days and times are the same as in years past, Wednesdays 3-6pm, Thursdays 9am to noon, and Saturdays 8am to noon.
- If you would like to be considered for appointment to one of the Town’s Boards, Commissions, and Committees, please prepare a brief letter of interest, or fill out the application in your April Barre Town Newsletter, and either mail to the Town Manager’s Office, PO Box 116, Websterville VT 05678 or drop off at the Municipal Building at 149 Websterville Rd. The deadline is Fri May 26, by noon.
- Spring into Summer Fest is Sat Jun 3, 10a-2p, Barre Town Rec Facility at 40 Websterville Rd. Free family fun! Bounce house, face painting, B-Recs Sports Challenge, Hands on Big Rigs, bike safety check, and more! Click here for the flyer.
- New Barre Town Softball Field Banner Program: Increase positive exposure for your business or organization by becoming a sponsor of Barre Town Recreation. The Barre Town Softball Field Banner Program recognizes Barre Town Recreation sponsors. Click here for more information.
- Time to think about summer fun! See the Recreation page for more details on:
- Youth Track starts June 19 - register by June 16
- Tennis Lessons start June 20 - register by mid-June
- Swim lesson reimbursements any time