The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- Vacancies on the Town Cemetery Commission, Recreation Board, or Housing Advisory Committee, as well as the regional Transportation Advisory Committee and newly formed Central Vermont Internet Board. Please consider serving! Contact the Town Manager’s Office at email@example.com or 802-479-9331.
- Barre Town Fire Department Father's Day BBQ this Sun Jun 17, 12-2p at the East Barre Fire Station. Chicken, pasta, salad, and ice cream. Eat in or take out. $12 for adults, $8 for children.
- The Barre Town Grand List was lodged on June 13. Owners whose property appraisal value changed were mailed a notice on the same day. Anyone may contest their appraised property value by writing a HARD COPY letter that that states your desire to do so, whether or not the appraised value of your property changed this year. Emails do not count! The hard copy letter must reach the Assessor’s office by 8:00am on June 26. If you are not sure of your property’s appraised value, contact the Assessor’s Office at 479-2595. For more information on the tax grievance process, you can click here, read the article in the last Barre Town newsletter (p6), or call the Assessor’s Office at 802-479-2595.
Registration for private soccer camps held in Barre Town still open. Both camps will be held at the Barre Town Rec Facility.
-Capital Soccer Club's Soccer Camp is June 25-29, 9a-12p daily. For youth aged 6-15 years. Tuition is $160. Click here for more info, including how to register.
-Vermont Voltage's Soccer Camp is July 9-13, 9a-12p daily. Click here to download the brochure and printable registration form, or click here for more info and online registration option.
- Register for Summer Tennis Lessons: Barre Town Recreation will offer summer tennis lessons July 10-13 and 17-19. Take one or both weeks of lessons. Open to beginner and intermediate, youth (ages 7-12) and adult (ages 12 and up) players. You can contact this year’s instructor, Lee Wilschek, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the flyer.
To register, 1) download and fill out the two forms below, and 2) mail with the appropriate payment to PO Box 124, Websterville VT 05678, or drop off to Town Clerk's Office at 149 Websterville Rd.
- Swim lesson reimbursements: The Town of Barre provides up to $25 to support our youngest residents to learn to swim. Click here for the form and instructions.
- Nature Walks with the Barre Town Forest Friends Jun-Sep. Every Tuesday starting June 5 and every other Sunday starting June 10, Barre Town Forest Friends volunteers lead easy to moderate walks through the town forest. More info on the Rec page.
- Planning fireworks? By state law, you must have a valid permit to operate a public fireworks display at your residence or place of business, PRIOR to purchasing the fireworks. The application for a permit must be submitted at least 15 days in advance of the date of the display to allow enough time for safety review and notice to your neighbors. If the fireworks display will be operated in Barre Town, download the application here. If you have questions, the clerk’s office will help you at 802-479-9391.
- Sidewalk construction bid invitation: Bids to construct the East Barre Sidewalk Project are due by 1pm, Wed July 11, 2018. Click here for the invitation to bid. The project is to be completed by November 2, 2018. Contract plans will be available for purchase starting June 20; see bid invitation for details. The non-mandatory pre-bid conference will be held on July 2 at 9am at 149 Websterville Rd, Websterville VT 05678.