The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Fall Bulk Trash Collection Sat Sep 21, 8am-2 pm, at the Public Works yard at 129 Websterville Road. Fees are charged and residents are welcome to make multiple trips. Please bring a tax or utility bill so we can verify you are a Barre Town resident. Note that plenty of reusable goods get put outside the gate throughout the event, free for the taking, so come on by for that. For more information, click here or read the article on p3 of the Barre Town newsletter.
- State project at Mill St. and VT-110 underway. Starting Fri Sep 20, Mill St. will be one-way westbound 24 hours a day. Old Route 302 is open to local traffic only. To receive regular project updates, click here to email project outreach coordinator Natalie Boyle with the subject line "Add me to Mill St."
- Two Transportation Safety Advisory Committee members needed. This committee makes recommendations to the Selectboard about all matters related to town highway and parking areas. Common matters heard by TSAC are changes in speed limits, establishing stop or yield intersections, and placing traffic advisory signs. More about TSAC is on this webpage. Questions about this committee may be addressed to the staff contact, Town Engineer Harry Hinrichsen, or its current members. If you are interested in serving on this committee, contact the Town Manager's Office at 802-479-9331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Road Closing - Sat Sep 28, 6p-11p, due to the Fallfire event, Littlejohn Road will be closed at the Donahue Road intersection and at the Sabetto Street intersection.
- Invasive Plant Workshop Thu Sep 26, 6p-8p and Town Forest Fall 2019 Invasive Pull Party Sat Sep 28, 9a-1p. Click here for the flyer and more details. To RSVP for the Pull Party, contact Elaine Wang at 802-479-9331 or email@example.com.
- Fall Festival Sat Sep 28, 10a-2p at the Barre Town Rec Area Picnic Shelter, 46 Websterville Rd (by the Barre Town School). Click here for the flyer.
- Fireworks permit application deadline: Displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your qusetions at 479-9391.