The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- The ballot is now available for viewing for the upcoming May 9, 2017 elections. There will be voting for the Annual Election of Officers and Voting by Australian ballot plus the Spaulding Union High School budget vote. Click here for more information (revised April 11, 2017) on the Spaulding High School budget vote.
- To view the results of the January 31, 2017 Barre Town School Act 46 revote click here. The results for the March 7, 2017 school election can be found on the Town Clerk page, under elections.
- Sterling Hill Road is now open. Remember that it's for downhill and local traffic only!
- Old Route 302 will be closed this week, Apr 24-28, so that work can be done on the East Barre water line at the intersection with Rt 110 and Mill St.
- Do you have home improvement projects you’d like to do but need funds? Barre Town supports housing rehabilitation and energy efficiency via a low interest loan program administered by Downstreet Housing & Community Development. To find out if you qualify and for more information, call Patty Dupuis at Downstreet at 477-1343.
- The tennis courts are ready for play at the Barre Town Recreation Area near the school.
- Latest Town Report is now available (fiscal year 2015-2016) at your neighborhood market (Quarry Hill Quick Stop, Brookside General Store, Graniteville General Store, Morgan's East Barre Market, Trow Hill Grocery, and Hannaford Supermarket). Pick up yours to read about police, EMS, and fire response statistics, building trends, brief reports from all of the 16 nonprofit agencies that voters allocated money to last year, and more.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection on Sat Apr 29, Barre Town Garage, 129 Websterville Rd. Click here for the flyer. Organized by the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District.
- The lawn waste site will be open the same hours as previous years:
- Wednesdays (from May 3) 3pm-6pm
- Thursdays (from Apr. 27) 9am-12pm
- Saturdays (from Apr. 29) 8am-12pm