The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- COVID-19-related information:
-Click here to view all changes to Town of Barre operations, services, and events due to the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19.
-Click here for COVID-19 resources, including trusted sources for information and support.
-Support local businesses! The Barre Partnership is maintaining a list of whether and how local businesses are open for business, as they know it, here. If you know of a change, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up to Green Up Sat May 30, and get your supplies now!
- Green Up bags, gloves, and informational handouts are now available! Call 802-479-9331 to arrange pickup, or if needed, you may request supplies be dropped off to you.
- Please sign up now for the section of road you and any of your fellow volunteers plan to Green Up to avoid duplication of effort. Check for yellow highlights on this map OR check for the road name at this link to see if you preferred road(s) has already been claimed. Then call 802-479-9331 or send an email to email@example.com to sign up.
- In the April Barre Town newsletter here;
- In a budget booklet here, or you can pick up a hard copy at Hannaford Supermarket, Lawson's Store, Graniteville General, Gunner Brook Store and Deli, Trow Hill Grocery, or Quarry Hill Quick Stop.
- Follow this link to view the 17-minute 2020-2021 Pre-Vote Budget Presentation.
-Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391. -Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
-Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.