The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Taxes due TODAY Fri Feb 15: The 3rd installment of property taxes, and the 2nd installment of the sewer use charge. Use the method most convenient for you:
- In-person at the Town Clerk's Office at149 Websterville Rd, Websterville VT 05678, at the counter by 4:30pm or to the drop box by midnight.
- Online here.
- From your mobile device with this app.
- Enroll in direct debit by completing this form and submitting to the Clerk's Office.
- You're invited to attend Barre Town budget meetings every Tuesday, 6-8pm, from Jan 29 to Mar 26. See the next agenda here, posted on Fridays. The Tue Feb 19 agenda will include review of the highway fund budget.
- For summaries on the fund budgets proposed so far, click here. Some summaries include highlights for the proposed budget.
- Cost: $15 per vaccination.
- Dog and cats must be leashed and/or in a carrier.
- Save time by completing the forms in advance and bringing to the clinic - coming soon.
- Residents and non-residents are welcome.
- The Barre Town Clerk will be on hand to license Barre Town dogs.