The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- Seeking Town Auditor: The Selectboard is seeking letters of interest from Barre Town residents willing to fill the vacant elected Town Auditor position. The primary role of the Town Auditors relate to the Town report, in particular proofreading the text, and working with the Town Clerk to prepare the list delinquent taxpayers. (Auditing the Town's finances is the responsibility of a government auditing firm contracted by the Town, not the responsibility of the elected Town Auditors.) Letters of interest are due to the Town Managers Office at email@example.com or PO Box 116, 149 Websterville VT, 05678, by January 5.
- Seeking Budget Committee members to serve between the last Tuesday of January through the last Tuesday of March 2018. The Budget Committee reviews the entire budget for Barre Town. Serving on the Budget Committee gives you a say in all fiscal year 2018-2019 town budgets, and is a great way to learn about town operations. If interested please send your letter or email of interest by 4pm Fri Dec 29 to the Town Manager’s office. Find more information about the responsibilities of the Budget Committee is in the November Barre Town newsletter on p2 or here. If you have questions, contact the Town Manager at 479-9331 or one of your Selectboard members.
- Need a 2018 calendar and would like to support a local dog park? Barre Town Community Dog Park Organizers are selling calendars featuring Barre Town pups to raise funds for the new dog park. They are $15 each and 100% of that will go to the dog park. Calendars may be purchased at the Barre Town Clerk’s Office, Last Time Around Antiques, or Maria’s Bagels. More info about the dog park here.
- Work on Church Hill Rd this fall - Oct 30 update: The water system shutdown that was scheduled to occur this Mon Oct 30 has been changed to Tue Oct 31 between 10am to 2pm this week due to weather conditions. For more information on the current phase of work click here.
- Indoor Pickle Ball alternating Saturdays and Sundays 9:30a-12:30pm in the Barre Town School. Organized by a private group of residents. Wear comfortable clothing and sneakers, and bring a water bottle. Remaining dates this month are Sun Dec 17 and Sat Dec 30. Stay tuned for January and February times.