The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- Click here to view the May 9, 2017 Barre Town Australian ballot voting and the SUHS budget vote.
- Learn to Skateboard postponed to SATURDAY Jun 24, 1-3pm at the Travis Mercy Skatepark at the Barre Town Rec Area. For more information, click here for the flyer.
- Rockfire in the Barre Town Forest on Sat Jun 24: If you see fires around the Town Forest that night, don’t worry. Motorists please note:
- Littlejohn Road will be closed from 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- 44 Brook Street Town Forest Parking Area will be closed from 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Ttraffic on Church Hill Road will be interrupted intermittently between 9:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.