The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Sign up to Green Up Sat May 4! Call 479-9331 to reserve the section of road you and any of your fellow volunteers plan to Green Up. This helps avoid duplication of effort. Or you can sign up by stopping in to the Town Manager's Office at 149 Websterville Rd. While here you can pick up Green Up bags and gloves, and tickets to the thank-you BBQ for volunteers.
- Summer help wanted: Barre Town seeks one more seasonal helper to work with its Department of Public Works this summer. Hours are 7am to 3:30pm. Starting pay is $11.55 per hour, with the opportunity to earn up to a $1.25 per hour bonus for very good attendance. DPW summer seasonals do work important to the Town, maintaining roads and protecting DPW staff while they work on roadways. The application can be downloaded here, or stop by the Town Manager's Office at 149 Websterville Rd for a copy. This position is open until filled.
- Information on Barre Town's FY19-20 proposed budgets: The Barre Town Budget Committee concluded its work Tue Apr 2. Stay tuned for updated information that reflects what the budget on which you'll be voting on Tue May 14.
- Barre Town residents: Are you registered to vote? If you're not sure, contact the Town Clerk's Office at 802-479-9391 or drop in at 149 Websterville Rd. You can also register to vote in person when you stop in, or register to vote online here.
- Egg Hunt this Sat Apr 27. The Egg Hunt originally scheduled for this Sat Apr 20 was rescheduled to Saturday, April 27th, at 10am at Charlie’s Playground. Click here for the flyer and more details.
- Lawn Waste Site opening Sat Apr 27. So far the schedule is Saturdays 8am-12pm and Thursdays from May 2, 9am-12pm. In the past, more volunteers have allowed the site to be open more days. Please consider volunteering or ask those who might be interested to do so. Call 802-479-9331 for more information.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Sat May 4, 9a-1p at the Barre Town at the Public Works yard at 129 Websterville Road. For more information and next dates and locations, visit Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District’s website here.
- Bulk Trash Collection Sat May 11, 8a to 2p also at the Barre Town Public Works Yard. Note that fees have been increased for the first time in many years, and that some of that increase will subsidize a pilot mattress recycling program run by the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District and the town. For more information click here.
- The April Barre Town newsletter is in the mail. Read it to learn about the Hwy 89 Exit 6 road work, the proposed Town budget, and recreation opportunities, .If you would like to receive the newsletter by email, contact the Town Manager’s Office at 479-9331 or email@example.com.