The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- Your vote counts! For general election information or to view sample ballots click here. For more information on the upcoming Act 46 Unified Union School District vote click here.
- Town seeks Green Up Day Coordinator: This volunteer helps make Greening Up in Barre Town successful by recruiting volunteers, suggesting areas for cleanup, reporting back to the Green Up organization. The Town Manager's Office helps with these tasks and more. For more info, see the Green Up Guide for Town Coordinators or call the Town Manager's Office at 802-479-9331.
- Fire safety: Have you had your chimneys and stovepipes cleaned, and your furnace serviced yet this year? These tasks should done at least once a year. Now’s the time before heating season is fully upon us.
- East Barre work in the roadway continues: Sidewalk work continues on Mill St and the stretch of Websterville Rd between the post office and Mill St. Traffic may be reduced to one lane at times. Please plan for delays and heed traffic controllers. Questions? Call the Town Manager's Office at 479-9331.
Receive emergency alerts by signing up for VT-Alert! For more info, click here.
- Fall Festival Sat Sep 29, 10a-2p at the Rec Area Picnic Shelter, 70 Websterville Rd. Hay bale maze, face painting, water balloon launch, Be a Firefighter, pumpkin bowling, pumpkin putt, crafts, and much more! Free admiission.