The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Barre Unified Union School District Budget Results: Click here to view the Barre Town results from the Wed Jun 9 revote.
- Renters: Need help paying past due utility bills because of COVID-19? The Department of Public Service can help eligible Vermont residential renters. You do not need to be late on your rent to apply. Find out more at https://publicservice.vermont.gov
- Invitations to bid
- Weatherization: EMS Station attic. Bids due Thu June 24, 10:30a. Click here for the bidding instructions and specifications.
- Fencing: Rec area facilities. Bids due Wed July 7, 10:30a. Click here for the bidding instructions and specifications updated June 18 to include Addendum 1.
- Summer help needed: The town seeks DPW summer helpers. Click here to see the job posting.
- Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391.
- Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
- Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.