The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Click here to view the Barre Town General Election results.
- Lawn Waste Site is closed for the season.
- November Barre Town Newsletter is in the mail, also available here. To receive the newsletter by email instead of postal mail, send an email to email@example.com with your name and mailing address.
- Budget Committee Members Needed: Seeking registered voters to serve on the Barre Town Budget Committee between the last Tuesday of January through the last Tuesday of March. More information is on this page. If interested, please send your letter (PO Box 116, Websterville VT 05678) or email of interest by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, December31 to the Town Manager’s Office. Questions? Contact the Town Manager at (802) 479-9331 or one of your Selectboard members.
- Winter Sand is available for Barre Town residents outside of the Public Works fence at 129 Websterville Rd. This service is only offered to Barre Town residents and is not for business use. Please follow instructions posted at the sand pile. The full use policy may be viewed here.
Wilson Depot Service Changes: The Wilson Depot solid waste transfer station operator's lease has changed from Earth Waste Systems to Casella Waste Management. Hours are now Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, 8am - 4pm (no Wednesdays). Recycling will not need to be sorted, but there will be fees for recycling. Click here for a full list of current fees asprovided to the town by Casella. For more information call Casella at (888) 852-2151.
On-street Parking Prohibited Nov. 1- Mar. 31, 11pm - 7am: The ban is in effect regardless of the weather. Violators may be ticketed.
- The Selectboard canceled its scheduled December 1 meeting.
- COVID-19 Related Information: Click here for COVID-19 related announcements including late utility bill assistance, where to get free masks, adjustments to town operations, and links to reliable sources of information.
- Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391.
- Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
- Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.