The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- If you would like to be considered for appointment to one of the Town’s Boards, Commissions, and Committees, please prepare a brief letter of interest, fill out the application in your April Barre Town Newsletter, OR download and answer these sample questions and either mail to the Town Manager’s Office, PO Box 116, Websterville VT 05678 or drop off at the Municipal Building at 149 Websterville Rd. The deadline is Fri May 25, by noon.
- East Barre Sidewalk layout meetings Tue May 29: The Selectboard will hold a site visit to consider accepting the layout of the East Barre Sidewalk along the east side of Mill St and around the corner to the post office on Websterville Rd. The public is welcome. Meet at the East Barre Fire Station at 6:15p. The public hearing will be convened at the beginning of the Selectboard meeting that will start at 6:45p at the Municipal Building at 149 Websterville Rd.
- Planning on a fireworks display? By state law, you must have a valid permit to operate a public fireworks display at your residence or place of business, PRIOR to purchasing the fireworks. The application for a permit must be submitted at least 15 days in advance of the date of the display to allow enough time for safety review and notice to your neighbors. If the fireworks display will be operated in Barre Town, download the application here. If you have questions, the clerk’s office will help you at 802-479-9391.
- Nature Walks with the Barre Town Forest Friends Jun-Sep. Every Tuesday starting June 5 and every other Sunday starting June 10, Barre Town Forest Friends volunteers lead easy to moderate walks through the town forest. More info on the Rec page.
- Caws 4 Paws and Spring into Summer Fest, Sat Jun 9: Pet expo and kid zone at the Rec Area. Click here for the Caws 4 Paws poster. You can follow event news on their Facebook page here. Click here for the co-located Spring into Summer Festival poster. Lots of fun for everyone!
- Swim lesson reimbursements: The Town of Barre provides up to $25 to support our youngest residents to learn to swim. Click here for the form and instructions.
Registration for private soccer camps held in Barre Town now open. Both camps will be held at the Barre Town Rec Facility.
-Capital Soccer Club's Soccer Camp is June 25-29, 9a-12p daily. For youth aged 6-15 years. Tuition is $160. Click here for more info, including how to register.
-Vermont Voltage's Soccer Camp is July 9-13, 9a-12p daily. Click here to download the brochure and printable registration form, or click here for more info and online registration option.
- Register for Summer Tennis Lessons: Barre Town Recreation will offer summer tennis lessons July 10-13 and 17-19. Take one or both weeks of lessons. Open to beginner and intermediate, youth (ages 7-12) and adult (ages 12 and up) players. You can contact this year’s instructor, Lee Wilschek, at email@example.com. Click here for the flyer.
To register, 1) download and fill out the two forms below, and 2) mail with the appropriate payment to PO Box 124, Websterville VT 05678, or drop off to Town Clerk's Office at 149 Websterville Rd.