The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- Last day to apply to serve on the Planning Commission or Development Review Board (Thu Sep 21). Click here for more information on the Planning Commission vacancy and click here for more on the DRB vacancy.
- Paving continues Thu Sep 21. Bonded wearing course paving will take place on Sterling Hill Road, Buena Vista Circle, Lemay Drive, Alnita Lane, Chris Path Way, Valley View Circle, Sunnyside Drive, Crab Apple Lane, and Apple Blossom Road.
- Fall Festival this Sat Sep 23, 10a-2p at the Barre Town Rec Area Picnic Shelter. Free admission! Click here for more information.
- Last two Barre Town Forest Walks of the season Sun Sep 24 and Tue Sep 26, 9am. Barre Town Forest Friends lead easy to moderate nature walks through the summer. Meet at the 44 Brook St. parking area. All ages welcome, and dogs on leashes too. If rain is heavy enough to require an umbrella the walk will be canceled. For more info or rain checks contact Marianne at 802-476-4185 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last Household Hazardous Waste Collection of the year is next Sat Sep 30, 9a-1p at the Vermont Department of Labor in Montpelier. Click here for the 2-page flyer for more info. Organized by the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District.
- New Barre Town Softball Field Banner Program: Increase positive exposure for your business or organization by becoming a sponsor of Barre Town Recreation. The Barre Town Softball Field Banner Program recognizes Barre Town Recreation sponsors. Click here for more information.
- Work on Church Hill Rd this fall - Websterville Fire District water line replacement: The contractor has finished laying the new water line. Hydrant and service work between Violette St and Brook St will take place until at least Sep 30.
- Background: Websterville Fire District #3, which supplies water to residents in Websterville, has engaged a contractor for water system improvements including replacing about 3,150 feet of water main, and a new backup generator at the water office building and pump station. The water main replacement will be along Church Hill Rd from Violet St., continue downhill and along Gregoire St, and on to the intersection with Websterville Rd. If you have questions, contact the Project Engineer for Weston & Sampson Engineers, Ken Bisceglio, at 802-578-2451.