The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Sterling Hill Rd is closed for the season.
- Winter sand is available to Barre Town residents outside of the public works fence. This service is only offered to residents. Please follow instructions posted at the sand pile.
- Indoor Pickleball: The Rec Board is once again hosting open pickleball play indoors this winter, Sundays Nov 17-Mar 15, 9a-12p, at the Barre Town School Gym, 70 Websterville Rd. Beginners welcome; paddles and balls are available to borrow. You'll want to bring a filled water bottle. Questions? Call 802-479-9331 or email@example.com.
- State project at Mill St. and VT-110 underway. Starting Fri Sep 20, Mill St. will be one-way westbound 24 hours a day. Old Route 302 is open to local traffic only. To receive regular project updates, click here to email project outreach coordinator Natalie Boyle with the subject line "Add me to Mill St."
- Notice to bidders: The Town of Barre intends to retrofit the HVAC systems of the Barre Town Municipal Building in several phases over multiple years. The town is requesting bids for Phase 1 of this effort to be completed by Dec 31, 2019. Bids for Phase 1 are due by 1pm Thu Nov 14. Click here to download the full request and bid form.
- Fireworks notices:
- Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your qusetions at 479-9391.
- Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
- Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.