The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Early ballots available for the Barre Town Municipal Elections and the Barre Unified Union School District Budget Revote. To request an early ballot, call the Town Clerk’s Office at 479-9391 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . To view the warnings and a sample ballot click here.
- Jobs available: The town seeks an appointed treasurer and summer helpers. Click here to see the job postings.
- Lawn waste site hours: The lawn waste site will be open at least Saturdays 8a-12p and Wednesdays 3p-6p starting this Saturday, April 17. For more information, click here.
- Lawn waste site volunteers needed: The Town of Barre is seeking volunteers willing to be present at, and monitor, the lawn waste site for 3 hours a morning, afternoon or evening, Mon, Tue, Thu, or Fri (a returning volunteer has already stepped up for Wednesdays). A resident may volunteer individually, or a small group of residents could offer to monitor the site. Volunteers open the site gates (two cables), count the users, as needed direct users to the right drop-off area, ask users not to unload material that is not accepted, answer questions, and lock the cables at the end of the shift. Volunteers are not expected to help unload cars or trucks. The service starts around May 1 and closes the end of October. Volunteers need to be dependable during their selected hours, but back up can be arranged on occasion. If the pandemic worsens the volunteer's hours can be cancled. For more information, call the Town Manager's Office at 802-479-9331.
- Get ready for Green Up Day Sat May 1: Keep an eye out for areas you’d like to clear of the litter exposed by the melting snow. If you know where you’d like to Green Up call the town offices at 479-9331 so we can coordinate efforts. This year we’re thanking Green Uppers with raffle prizes. If you sign up by April 21 you’ll be entered in the drawings for a back-saving trash pick up tool, Green Up water bottle, high visibility Green Up t shirt, or tick key.
- Barre Town's Spring Bulk Trash Collection, Sat May 8, 8a-2p at 129 Websterville Rd. More details coming soon.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection, Sat Apr 24, 9a-1p at 129 Websterville Rd. Hosted by the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District. For details on fees and COVID protocols, click here .
- Information on the Proposed FY21-22 Barre Town Budgets: One-page summaries of all manager-proposed budgets are available on this page.
- Tennis anyone? Register now for tennis lessons for beginner and intermediate players aged 8 years and up. Take lessons for one or two weeks, July 20-23 and July 27-30.
-Click here for the flyer
-Click here to register
-Click here for the participation waiver
- COVID-19 Related Information: Click here for COVID-19 related announcements, where to get free masks, adjustments to town operations, and links to reliable sources of information.
- Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391.
- Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
- Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.