The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Early ballots available for the Barre Town Municipal Elections and the Barre Unified Union School District Budget Revote. To request an early ballot, call the Town Clerk’s Office at 479-9391 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . To view the warnings and a sample ballot click here.
- Information on the Proposed FY21-22 Barre Town Budgets:
-Click here to watch the16-minute presentation
-One-page summaries of all manager-proposed budgets are available on this page.
-Click here to read the booklet on the proposed annual budget.
- Summer help needed: The town seeks DPW summer helpers. Click here to see the job posting.
- Spring cleaning announcements:
- Barre Town's Spring Bulk Trash Collection, Sat May 8, 8a-2p at 129 Websterville Rd. For more details click here. Please bring a mask and put it on when volunteers approach your window at check in and at the station.
- Lawn waste site hours: The lawn waste site is open Saturdays 8a-12p and Wednesdays 3p-6p. For more information, click here.
- Lawn waste site volunteers needed: Value this service and know someone who might volunteer 2-3 hours on another weekday? Please have them call us at 802-479-9331. For more information, click here.
- COVID-19 Related Information: Click here for COVID-19 related announcements, including adjustments to town operations and links to reliable sources of information.
- Note there is no Selectboard meeting on Tue May 11 (Barre Town Municipal Election day).
- Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391.
- Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
- Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.