The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Fire Department Rabies Clinic March 20, 2021. New location, 79 Pitman Road. Please check back for more information first week of March.
- Town Clerk upcoming vacancy: In June of 2020 the voters of Barre Town passed a charter amendment which will split the office of Clerk-Treasurer into two positions, one full-time elected Town Clerk and one part-time appointed Treasurer. The current Town Clerk will be retiring and the term will end May 12, 2021. The office term is 3-years which will commence the day following the election, May 12, 2021. No petitions are required due to COVID. If you would like to be a candidate for this office, complete a "consent of candidate" form and return it to the Town Clerk no later than March 29, 2021. To read the duties of the Elected Town Clerk click here. For more information or if you have questions contact the Town Clerk at 802-479-9391 or email email@example.com.
Barre Town Land Records can now be accessed online. Users can access the website directly by this URL (https://i2d.uslandrecords.com/VT/BarreTown/D/Default.aspx ) or by using the Avnue US Land Records portal (www.uslandrecords.com ), select Vermont from the state list, and then select Barre Town from the town list. There are fees associated with downloading and printing of documents.
- Information on the Proposed FY21-22 Barre Town Budgets:
-The public is welcome to the Budget Committee meetings held Tuesdays, Jan 26-Mar 30 from 6pm-7:55pm. Additional meeting times will be posted once decided by the Committee. To participate, click here to join the meeting online, or call 802-477-1200 and enter participant ID 489078 then # when prompted. Agendas are posted by Friday afternoon online here. The March 2 meeting will cover the ambulance fund budget.
-One-page summaries of budgets that have been prepared so far are available on this page.
- On March 2, 2021 Barre Town will hold elections for the Annual Barre Unified Union District articles and a Special Town Meeting to vote on a waterline project in the Wilson Industrial Park. Click here to review the Warnings for those elections. The Selectboard meeting public information session about the bond vote may be viewed Online here, from minute 03.55 to 11:02
Recreation Board vacancy: The Barre Town Selectboard seeks applicants to fill a vacancy on the Recreation Board for a term expiring May 31, 2021. This very active board oversees the town’s recreation facilities, approves facility uses, designs and delivers recreation programs, and more. Further information, board meeting agendas and minutes may be found here. This Board meets the first Monday of every month at 6pm. For more information or to express your interest in serving, contact the Town Manager’s Office at 802-479-9331 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- COVID-19 Related Information: Click here for COVID-19 related announcements, where to get free masks, adjustments to town operations, and links to reliable sources of information.
- Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391.
- Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
- Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.