The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
Early ballots are available for August 14, 2018 Primary Elections. For more election information or to view sample ballots click here.
- Help the State Champion 13-year-old Babe Ruth Barre Baseball Team get to regionals. Click here for more information and ways to donate.
- Vacancies on the Town Cemetery Commission, Recreation Board, or Housing Advisory Committee, as well as the regional Transportation Advisory Committee and newly formed Central Vermont Internet Board. Please consider serving! Contact the Town Manager’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-479-9331.
- Save the date: Travis Mercy Memorial Skatepark Grand (re-)Opening Sun Aug 5! Stay tuned for more details about an exciting grand opening with a special guest.
- Taxes due Wed Aug 15. Please note that the envelope includes your property tax bill for the quarter AND your sewer bill for the year. If you forward your property tax bill to your mortgage company, make sure to take out the sewer bill.
- Ice Cream Socials! The Barre Town Rec Board's FREE ice cream socials are back! Kids and adults alike welcome. The next dates are:
-Tue Jul 17, 6:30-7:30p: Lower Graniteville, Baptist St.
-Tue Jul 24, 6:30-7:30p: Upper Websterville, Brook St.
-Tue Jul 31, 6:30-7:30p: South Barre, Wilson St.
-Tue Aug 7, 6:30-7:30p: East Barre, Pleasant St.
-Tue Aug 14, 6:30-7:30p: Upper Graniteville, Park St.