The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- Election ballots: The Vermont Secretary of State is mailing every registered voter a ballot for the Presidential Election between Mon Sep 21 and Thu Oct 1. If you have not received your ballot by Thu Oct 8, call the Town Clerk’s Office at 479-9391.
- COVID-19-related information:
-Free masks: Up to 3 cloth masks per person two years and older. Masks provided by the State of Vermont. While supplies last, masks can be picked up at:
> Anytime when staffed: Barre Town EMS Station at 4 McLaughlin Rd. Call 476-3147 BEFORE you arrive.
> Every Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm from the Barre Town Police Department at 149 Websterville Rd. Call 479-0509 when you arrive.
-Click here to view all changes to Town of Barre operations, services, and events due to the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19.
-Click here for COVID-19 resources, including trusted sources for information and support.
-Support local businesses! The Barre Partnership is maintaining a list of whether and how local businesses are open for business, as they know it, here. If you know of a change, email them at email@example.com.
- Barre Town Community Dog Park Fundraiser Yard Sale Sat Sep 26. Click here for more info.
- Volunteers needed for Boards and Commission. If you are interested in orderly development of the town, regional transportation issues, or high speed internet for our neighbors, please apply to serve as an alternate to the Development Review Board or as Barre Town’s alternate to the CVFiber Board . For more information on these bodies, click the links or call the town at 802-479-9331.
- Participate in the U.S. Census: Did you know Vermont relies on federal money for almost a third of its budget? The Census helps determine how federal funds are distributed to states. As of August 27, 70.4% of Barre Town residents have responded to the census. If you haven’t already, please respond to the Census online at my2020census.gov .
- Fireworks Notices:
-Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391.
-Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
-Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.