The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
- The Selectboard will meet every other week in July and August starting July 6. They meet July 20, Aug 3, 17, and 31. They do NOT meet July 13, 27, Aug 10 or 24.
- Ice cream in the Playgrounds: Tuesdays August 3rd, 10th, and 17th., 6:30pm. Click here for the locations and addresses.
- COVID-19 vaccination clinics by Barre Town EMS: Barre Town EMS is administering the Johnson & Johnson 1 dose vaccine at the locations and times below. No registration needed!
-Tuesday July 27, 3pm-5pm at East Barre EMS (4 McLaughlin rd, East Barre)
-Thursday July 29, 3pm-5pm at Berlin Fire Station (338 Paine Turnpike N, Berlin)
-Monday August 2, 3pm-5pm at East Barre EMS (4 McLaughlin rd, East Barre)
-Tuesday August 3, 5pm-9pm Berlin Fire Station (338 Paine Turnpike N, Berlin)
If you cannot make any of these clinics and would like a vaccine, call the Barre Town EMS station to arrange doses for individuals or small groups: 802-476-3147.
- Property appraisal: The Barre Town Grand List has been lodged. Owners whose property appraisal value changed and were mailed a notice on Fri Jul 2.
- The deadline to submit your intent to grieve your property appraisal was Fri Jul 16, by 4:30pm. More information on the grievance process can be found on this page.
- Not enough information is available yet to estimate your taxes for 2021-2022. The current tax rate does not apply to your new appraised value. The new tax rate will be reduced because the grand list is increasing. The new tax rates have not yet been set; they are expected to be in early August.
- Renters: Need help paying past due utility bills because of COVID-19? The Department of Public Service can help eligible Vermont residential renters. You do not need to be late on your rent to apply. Find out more at https://publicservice.vermont.gov
- Invitation to bid on weatherization project: EMS Station attic (RFP reissued). Bids now due Wed July 28, 10:30a with a Jan 31, 2022 completion date. Click here for the bidding instructions and specifications.
- Seasonal help needed: The town seeks DPW helpers now through the fall. Click here to see the job posting.
- Applications for displays of Class B or Class C fireworks are due to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date to allow enough time for review and notice to your neighbors. Click here for the fireworks display permit application or call the Town Clerk’s office for a copy or your questions at 479-9391.
- Those who display Class B or Class C fireworks without a permit may be fined per state statute 20 V.S.A. § 3135.
- Click here for a list of recent and upcoming fireworks displays that have been permitted in Barre Town.